Choosing To Get To Heaven
CHOOSING TO GET TO HEAVEN
Peter, was asked on the day of Pentecost by the Jews, “What must we do to be saved?” after realizing they were spiritually lost. Peter told them what to do and they obeyed.
While we teach the plan of salvation, we must also stress that those seeking eternal life, must choose to be saved. It is a requirement of all who seek salvation. In Joshua 24:15, Joshua tells the Israelites to make a choice in whom they would serve, in making up our minds to serve God, we are choosing to go to heaven. With a determined attitude and a singleness of heart, we choose to do whatever God commands of us, no matter the cost or hardship. We must with great purpose allow our focus to constantly be on getting to heaven. We don’t forsake the assembling because we choose to go to heaven. We study and teach others because our aim is heaven. We hold fast to the profession of our faith (Heb. 10:23) not wavering we choose to go to heaven rather than spend eternity with the devil and his angels.
If we want to get to heaven we must “Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. This is what Paul told the Christians in Corinth to do (2 Cor. 13:5).We must aim for success in our salvation with a positive and eager heart filled with gratitude and thanksgiving for all the Lord has given us. We must choose not to be bitter in our service to the Lord, never waiver, doubt, or serve God half heartedly.
TO GET TO HEAVEN WE MUST:
1. Choose to serve and obey God’s Word. Joshua 24
2. Put God above all others. Luke 16:13
3. Love spiritual things more than carnal things. Matthew 6:33
4. Show others the way. 1 Timothy 4:12
5. Commit to learning the gospel. 2 Timothy 2:15
6. Commit to teaching the gospel to others. Matthew 28:19
7. Commit to the work required. 1 Corinthians 15:58
8. Support the work of the church. 1 Corinthians 16:2
9. Worship with the saints. Hebrews 10:24-25
10. Want to go to heaven. Revelation 2:10